Spiced Shakerato

Spiced Shakerato

I love watching Italian cooking shows. Their kitchen and food philosophies are so similar to my own, and I primarily learned to cook from Italian chefs. Here's a Tuscan favorite I learned for a summer time heat-beater and afternoon pick-me-up with my spicy twist. 



What you will need per person:
6 oz brewed espresso
1 tsp of your favorite spiced sugar (try Mayan Mocha!)
2 bowls, a whisk, ice, and a cocktail shaker



Stir the sugar into the warm espresso in a small bowl.
Place the small bowl into a larger bowl filled with ice and whisk the espresso until it cools completely.
Pour the cooled espresso into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.


Now make your kid shake it -


- and shake it.
Pour the cold, spiced coffee down the side of a small glass, preserving the foam. Buon divertimento!

1 comment:

  1. If you don't want to mess with the bowl if ice - just stick it in the freezer to cool off. Regardless of that, stir the sugar in while it's still hot to help it dissolve better.

    ReplyDelete